Friday, April 19, 2013

Ibanez RG7321 7-string Electric Guitar

Hi again.

A new review for you! This is about my 7-string guitar, which is the Ibanez RG7321. It is an electric guitar, obviously with 7 strings, with a fixed tremolo. It's a great guitar that can be used for many genres, especially rock and metal.


Sound

I play a lot of different styles of music, metal, rock, blues etc, and the guitar fits all of those genres. The only thing is the fixed bridge which makes it more suitable for the heavier riffs. The guitar can't make dive-bombs and Satch squeals because it doesn't have a floating tremolo. But if you play mostly heavy riffs, then this guitar is right up your alley. The fact that this guitar is so versatile makes me love it so much more. If there is anything to complain about, it's that the low B string can be a little muddy. 

When I play this guitar, I use the same setup as I use for my 6-string Ibanez which I also wrote a review of here. The guitar has a 5-way level, and with that you can chose from a variety of sounds. Mixed with my amp and ZOOM-pedal, the result is so awesome!

Action, Fit & Finish

It has a nice black finish. No factory flaws. I have it tuned in the factory tuning, which is BEADGBE. But without the locking mechanism, tuning it to different tuning is very easy. When it comes to the action, it's set fairly low, which fits the players that has a delicate touch when they play. If you are a guitar player that hammers heavily on the strings, I recommend raising the action a little bit.

Reliability

The guitar is very stable with the fixed tremolo. It has a in-your-face sound that the RG-models are famous for, without the hassle of the locking nuts. The guitar is awesome! Have used it for years, and it still plays great, the neck is still straight, the pickups sound awesome and the finish is still free from any damage and scratches.

Specifications

- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/Walnut
- Neck Type: Wizard II-7
- Body: Basswood body
- Frets: Jumbo Frets
- Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearl dot inlay
- Bridge: Gibraltar Standard 7 bridge
- Neck Pickup: AH17
- Bridge Pickup: AH27
- Hardware Color: BK
- Finishes: BK

At the current time, I don't have any videos on youtube that I use this guitar. However, when I make one, I will share it with you so you can listen to the awesome sound!

Cheers!

-Kianul

No comments:

Post a Comment