Friday, April 12, 2013

Ibanez RG350EX Electric Guitar

Yo!

This entry will be about my Ibanez RG350EX. This is one of my two Ibanez guitars.

Finish and material

It's a guitar model that came out in 2005 and features a basswood body with the Edge III tremolo and Infinity pickups. It has an aluminium style pickguard that completes the finish of the guitar. It has a 24 frets long bound rosewood fingerboard with shark-tooth inlays.

As for the controls, it has one volume and tone control, as well as a 5-way lever that lets you choose the pickups you want active.

Sound

The pickups perform very well. I use a ZOOM G9.2tt pedal to a Randall RH50T head amplifier and a Marshall 1960A cabinet. This combo makes a loud sound and it brings out the nice sound of the guitar. This guitar fits for the multi-style guitarist, with the 5-way lever switch you get a big range of tone. The tone has plenty of crunch, but are still able to play the delicate sounds. Especially when having a great pedal as the Zoom G9.2tt and a great amplifier, the sound of this guitar shows its true nature. The result is great.

Reliability and Durability

My experience is that the guitar can take a lot of heat. You can play it for hours and hours and use the tremolo actively without the guitar getting out of tune. This is due to the locking mechanisms on the strings. I bought locking straps to this guitar which prevents the strap from falling off. I had some problems getting it tune in the beginning. This because this was the first guitar I had with a floating bridge.
A floating bridge mean that the bridge is not fixed to the body of the guitar, but it floats because of the tension of the strings of the guitar and some springs that is located inside the body of the guitar. These are accessible through a plastic cover on the backside of the guitar. By adjusting the tension on the springs on the backside of the guitar, you tighten the strings and visa versa.

Impression

To my use this guitar is perfect. It has a broad sound spectrum, it stays in tune when I use the tremolo a lot and the finish is great. I have had this guitar since the summer of 2007 and I'm very happy i bought it. it has been used for practicing as well as recording music. You can hear me play this guitar on my video on youtube which you can watch underneath. In this video I used direct input to record and the sound and tone bears notice of that. 

If you have any questions or comment, leave them in the comment section below or send me a message in the "Contact Page" here.

Hope you enjoy it!

-Kianul


No comments:

Post a Comment